Reb B U15 (Born in 2007)
Head Coach -Steve Strickey - Letirim U15 Rep B
Playing and Coaching Experience
My name is Steve Strickey and I’m very excited to be coaching the U15 Rep team this year. In terms of playing experience, I’ve played competitive hockey in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick at the AA and AAA level finishing up my minor hockey experience with a New Brunswick Junior B championship.
On the coaching side, I have three sons in the Leitrim Minor Hockey Association and have coached for the past 10 years from U7 to U15 at all levels from house league to the Gloucester Rangers. Most recently, I was the head coach for the U10 (2019) and U11 (2020) Letrim Rep B teams.
Over the past 10 years of coaching, I've oriented my coaching philosophy into five themes:
- Hockey is fun – This is the most important theme! The coaching staff will strive to ensure our players improve their hockey skills in an environment that reinforces passion for the great game of hockey.
- Respect – The coaching staff will ensure that the hockey experience – both on and off the ice – is done within a safe and enjoyable environment that seeks to build on key values such as teamwork, learning from setbacks and working towards a shared goal. We will stress positive behaviour towards teammates, coaches, management, opponents and officials either in the dressing room or on the ice.
- Commitment – Playing hockey at any level requires commitment. The coaches will take their responsibility to the team seriously and I would expect the same from the parents and players. This commitment would include that the players come to the rink prepared to play or practice and always give their best effort.
- Skill Development – As the head coach, I'm committed to develop a practice plan in conjunction with Hockey Canada guidelines. The key goals for this age group include refining team play and introducing team strategy all within the theme of having fun.
- Keeping the Proper Perspective – U15 Rep hockey represents an excellent level that balances competition with fun. I want to ensure that each player improves their skill level, is excited to come to the rink and has a positive experience both on and off the ice.Coach Steve
Tournaments (all tournaments tentative and to be confirmed)
- Brian Steele Early Bird Tournament - Hillcrest Canadians (North York) Oct 28-31
- Capital Mid-Season Showdown- November 26-28 (Ottawa)
- Kingston Canadians- December 3-5
- Capital Winter Classic - Jan 7-9 2022 (Ottawa)
- Oshawa Cup- January 20-23, 2022